RMT’s transferring from other regulated provinces (British Columbia, Ontario, New Brunswick or Prince Edward Island) must complete the following steps to achieve registration in Newfoundland and Labrador.
1) Fill out the registration application Transfer Registration 2023-24
2) Download and complete the Newfoundland and Labrador’s Jurisprudence Self Study Exam Jurisprudence Exam
3) Provide a valid First Aid certification
4) Provide a valid vulnerable sector check and criminal record check dated within 6 months
5) Have letter of good standing from current/previous College (CMTBC, CMTO, CMTNB, CMTPEI)
6) Have documentation of graduation from an approved Massage Therapy program
7) Have current membership with the Newfoundland and Labrador Massage Therapist Association, ensuring your professional liability insurance is up to date. (nlmta.ca)
8) Pay the required fee based on the pro-rated fee schedule.
Therapists from BC who have not had training in breast massage will not provide this treatment modality to the public until they have completed appropriate training through an approved professional development course.