The Massage Therapy Regulations, 20051 require members of the College of Massage Therapists of Newfoundland and Labrador (CMTNL) to participate in continuing education activities as specified in guidelines published by the CMTNL.
The Education, Quality Assurance, and Scope of Practice Committee has developed these guidelines, which have been approved by the board of directors, considering the CMTNL mandate and responsibilities and the needs of members.
The CMTNL is committed to the promotion of knowledge, skills, standards, and proficiency through approval of continuing education in massage therapy.
The CMTNL defines continuing education as: Any learning experience, post-graduation, which directly relates to massage therapy and enhances a massage therapist’s skill or practice.
The CMTNL respects a massage therapist’s right to develop in their own unique direction and, therefore, this learning experience may include, but is not limited to courses, workshops, conferences or self-study.
Continuing education credits are given in Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Important points to remember:
• Members must obtain a minimum of 30 CEUs in credit cycle, of which a minimum of 20 CEUs must be from Category A
• One CEU = two hours participation in an activity
• All CEU records are to be kept in a member’s professional portfolio
• CEUs cannot be transferred to the next cycle.
• Every member has the same three-year credit cycle. The current credit cycle is for the period: April 1, 2021, to March 31, 2024. CEU’s are due on January 31st, 2024.
The full CMTNL CEU Policy can be found here CEU Policy 2021-24