The CMTNL has made the decision that masks will still be mandatory for RMT’s for at least one month after March 14th, 2022. We feel this is the best decision to protect you and your clients. We will revisit this decision on April 14th, 2022, and provide an update.
Masks for clients are recommended but not required unless you make the decision in your clinic to implement mandatory masks for your client. All other PPE, number of clients, time between clients, etc will be at your discretion.
Until March 14th, 2022, it is still mandatory to complete the covid screening but after March 14th, 2022 it will be at your discretion.
UPDATED SCREENING DOCUMENT
UPDATED CLOSE CONTACT FLOW CHART
Other Links for Information
Failure to follow Guidelines
Failure to follow these guidelines could result in one or more of the following actions:
- Temporary suspension of practice during the current Phase of Return to work, until the RMT has made the appropriate safety modifications to their practice, as directed by the Support Committee
- Suspension of practice during entire COVID-19 pandemic Return to Work Phases, if failure to comply with Support Committee occurs
- Suspension of registration if subsequent failure to comply occurs
- Investigation of complaint by disciplinary committee, should the Registrar and/or Support Committee deem necessary
- Report Therapist to the Department of Health and Community Services
This document is not a mandate for Registered Massage Therapists to return to work. If a Therapist cannot safely treat a client according to the guidelines for any reason or if they fear for the safety of their client, family or themselves, the therapist should not return to work. This is fully supported by the CMTNL and Department of Health and Community Services.