RMT’s transferring from other regulated provinces (British Columbia, Ontario, New Brunswick) must complete the following steps to achieve registration in Newfoundland and Labrador.
1) Fill out the registration application (link to be provided)
2) Download and complete the Newfoundland and Labrador’s Jurisprudence Self Study Exam
3) Have valid First Aid certification
4) Have letter of good standing from current/previous College (CMTBC, CMTO, CMTNB)
5) Have documentation of graduation from an approved Massage Therapy program
6) Have current membership with the Newfoundland and Labrador Massage Therapist Association, ensuring your professional liability insurance is up to date. (nlmta.ca)
Therapists from BC who have not had training in breast massage will not provide this treatment modality to the public until they have completed appropriate training through an approved professional development course.