Changes in 2017
A letter was sent to all members January 2016 updating members on some of the upcoming changes for 2016 – 17. Highlights of the information include:
- an increase in annual license fee’s
- new email addresses for CMTNL Board
- an increase in candidate exam fee’s
- an initiative to be more proactive with quality assurance
A copy of the letter from the registrar that was sent to all members can be downloaded here. Renewal letter from the Registrar January 2017
A valid First Aid Certificate must accompany your registration renewal document in order for your registration to be processed. This policy came into effect April 1, 2013.
Payment of fees must accompany your application form. Money order, VISA, Master Card, Debit and certified cheque are accepted. At this time we are not accepting online payments. Please download and complete the Massage Therapist Registration Renewal Application and send along with your payment to our office.
PDF Version: cmtnl-renewal-form-2017-18-pdf
Please read the form carefully and complete every section. If you need more space, use a separate sheet of paper.
Name and Address Info
- Check box at top of form (yes/no) whether any of your contact information has changed from your 20116 – 17 renewal. Highlight or write your changes in red, if possible. This will help us update our database.
- We would prefer to send information from the College to registrants through email. Please indicate if you are willing to receive information through email.
- Your primary business address is the place where you do the majority of your massage therapy work. This address will be in the Public Register and thus available to the public. Your home address is never given out to the public unless it is also your business address.
- All mail will be sent to your home address or email address unless otherwise specified.
- If you change your name, please write the new name in the space provided and send a photocopy of an official document (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce degree), which shows both your old name and your new name. When we receive your official document, we will change your name on the register and send a new certificate.
- If your professional liability insurance lapses, you are required to notify the College within 10 days.
- If your membership in the Newfoundland and Labrador Massage Therapists Association lapses, this is considered a lapse in professional liability insurance.
- During the year, you are required to inform the College in writing within 30 days of any change in your name or address (both home and business).
Your registration is not complete unless professional liability insurance and NLMTA membership are current. This applies to both Active and Inactive Registrants.
Sign and date the renewal form and return to the CMTNL with your accompanying fees:
Active registration: $425 Inactive registration: $175
If using VISA, Master Card or Debit, please provide full information. Name, as it appears on your card, card number, expiry date and csv.
NSF fees are $35 for cheques or Visas that are unable to be processed due to insufficient funds